Thursday 8 May 2014

The last production meeting for 'Dislocation' before Easter.

The same day (Thursday 10th April) I held a meeting for Andy's "Dislocation". Everyone was in that day so I took it as an opportunity to get together for the last time before we go off for Easter and the last 'real-life' production meeting before we shoot.

The meeting didn't go too well, I had asked everyone apart from Andy to have something prepared but the only person who had done this, was Pearse. I asked him to go through the script to look out for sound effects he would have to pick up on the day as well as music choices Andy had put in the script and if he had any suggestions for music choices, which he had done and had some great ideas!

I asked Conor to bring in his shot list so we could have a look at it, but he didn't have one done. Andy and Conor were meant to do the shot list together after the meeting but that didn't end up happening. Anya as our make-up artist, I asked her to tell us how she would prepare the gashes to put them on the actors faces (or on their bodies) and if she had any make-up ideas. The only thing she told me was that she had told me all this information in a meeting a few week's back. Over those weeks in between I had expected more ideas to have come up and if she wanted to suggest them to Andy, he would see if he would like them or not.

For this "Dislocation" film, we haven't had many meetings as a full team and I was slightly annoyed that I had asked almost everyone to prepare something and only one person had done it. With this happening, the meeting didn't last very long, so it was cut short.

No comments:

Post a Comment