Thursday 8 May 2014

The negatives and positives.

On Thursday 10th April, we had our weekly meeting with our tutor and I felt really silly if I'm being honest. She asked us how shooting went and I said it went well, the lighting wasn't great afterwards, but overall we were happy with how it went.

For this post, I'll post the negatives and positives of the meeting.

Negatives
She sat us down and told us that she thought it would be best if we didn't use the interview footage we had used. There's no doubt that the answers Lindsey gave us were very interesting and I was excited to explore them more throughout cutaways.

She listed her reasons and in the end, both Caoimhe and I agreed with her and why it would be best not to use it. One of the reasons was the lighting and we had tried out best to change it in the editing programme we were using, but after an hour, we weren't getting anywhere with it. I am very disappointed and I can understand why we can't use it, but I felt so optimistic about it all that even though I get the reasoning why, it's still a little disappointing.

Seeing that we were quite down about this conclusion, Sharon got in contact with her friend Julie who lives quite close to me, who is also a vegetarian. She seemed really up for being in our documentary so we got quite excited by it. Unfortunately we knew that she was very busy and it was coming up to Easter so we felt the dates she was available up to her and she never got back to us; and because of it, I didn't want to be on her back because she had a family and was generally very busy.

Positives
We still have Richard scheduled to let us interview him for Saturday 3rd May which we are very excited about because when we met with him for the first time, we was really looking forward to answering the questions because he'd never been able to have an outlet to talk about being a vegetarian.

We still plan to use Lindsey's interview but as research only. She gave us some fantastic answers and had a great story to tell, so we're hoping to look back on her interview as research for Richard's to help us improve in lighting techniques, camera angles as well as changes to questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment