Friday 9 May 2014

"Dislocation" Filming.

The filming for "Dislocation" is complete! We started on Monday 28th April and finished on Tuesday 29th April. For the first guy, we had Richard (Josh), Ryan (Dan) and Patrick (Old Man) on set and we filmed in the car park of Hillsborough Forest Park and in the park itself. The first day we ran out of battery so we didn't get all the scenes done that we had scheduled to shoot for that day but the footage we did get, we were very happy with. For crew, we had our sound recordist Pearse, our camera operator Conor and our director/writer Andy on set.

Ryan and Richard got on really well and had fantastic chemistry that you were able to see on camera right away, which we were all very pleased with. Below is a photograph (taken from Andy's Facebook) of Richard (left) and Ryan (right) on set.



Tuesday was slightly different. Crew was changed around slightly, both Pearse and Anya had to go and shoot part of Pearse's film the same day, which I had known about. What I didn't know however was that Anya would be helping so we had to find out from Pearse, and not Anya, that she wouldn't be there on the Tuesday. The only thing I'm thankful for is that we were told a few days previous and not the night before. I still wasn't very happy though, because throughout meeting with Anya and recalling the last big production meeting we had, she didn't seem to have a strong interest in what Andy had asked her to do, even though she aid she was up for it weeks before. I volunteered to do make-up that day, I didn't think I would be any good at it, but we needed to have someone doing it. I only had a few days to find out what I had to do in regards to applying gashes and make-up to actors, and it simply wasn't enough time. I didn't do a very good job of Melissa's make-up, I dabbed in white paint which in hindsight I shouldn't have done because white make-up is normally zombie, and that wasn't the look we were going for. Andy then said to me to take the make-up off Melissa because it wasn't what he was looking for, and I got her to apply dark eyeliner around her eyes and smudge it in. Applying the gashes was a lot easier and looked the part a lot more than Melissa's make-up. I wasn't annoyed at Pearse for not being there, he was the one that told us and he apologised a number of times for not being able to complete the shoot, so I stepped in to do sound recording and this enabled me to do sound work too and I could use it for another module on the course. I just wish Anya had've told us herself that she wasn't going to be able to do it, or that she wasn't really into doing it in the first place. Maybe she was, but previous meetings and constant requests to play about with the make-up and test out the gashes before the shoot that had gone unheard, told me otherwise. For cast on Tuesday we had Richard and Ryan again, along with Dave (Groundskeeper) and Melissa (Dead Girl)

The previous day Andy and Conor went up to see the old house that we wanted to use but they couldn't see anyone about, so they went over to the house across the street and the woman who they were talking to, her brother owns the house that we were looking at. She gave us his number but we couldn't get through until the next day. I rang around lunchtime on the Tuesday and I got talking to his wife who was unaware of what we wanted to do, so I explained it to her and she passed her husband's mobile number on to us. I then rang him and explained what we wanted to do, which was just to film a few scenes near the house. Thankfully, he said that that was fine and we came up to see how we were getting on a few hours later. They were both really nice about it, and they were really interested about what the film was about, and we couldn't be more appreciative.

Overall, I'm really happy with how both days went. Everyone was a professional on set, everyone got along, and we all ended up swapping details afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment